Gilles Frydman <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 12:19:48 -0500
At 03:05 PM 1/20/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Incidentally you can now tell when a web site is requesting a 'cookie'
>(taking down your address) if you have set up Netscape 3 to do this.  I'm
>not sure about earlier versions.  Very interesting to see how frequently
>this is required for access.  Don't ask this Perpetual Newbie How? or How
>to get around it..

Incidently I absolutely refuses any and all cookies.
A week ago, the current version of Apache, the best web server, was
suddenly removed after it became clear that cookies may represent a big
security hole.
Beware!

*  Gilles Frydman          <==>          [log in to unmask]
*    The Internet Cancer Online Support Groups Archives
*                   http://www.medinfo.org