Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Feb 1994 18:16:03 -0600
> Is it my imagination or is every site in the world sending me errors
> today?

In case all you techies out there are interested in the observations of
a non-techy, I'll let you in on my secret theory.  There's a gaggle of
goblins cruising around in the shadows on the net, and once every couple
of months they go on a rampage, hiding mail in nooks and crannies and
generally disrupting net life.  And yes -- today has been one of their
days of rampaging.  Actually, they started it yesterday.  WORDS-L mail
has been especially weird.  Although bitnet mail between here and UGA
rides on the internet link, bitnet mail from UGA is getting here promptly
while internet mail is taking many, many hours -- 24 hours in a couple of
cases.  That's the reverse of the usual situation.  Has to be goblins.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])