Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:31:09 -0600
> I can't imagine that, if it were common knowledge that they could be
> edited, that listowners wouldn't be spending all their time cleaning
> up people's second thoughts . . .

I've been editing our list's archives for some very long time, the
subscribers know that is done.. and all that is edited out are viruses.. the
few off topic, such as those with excessive quotes from posts replied, and
the rare "UNSUBSCRIBE me" posts that go through.

We started that to concerve space on the host.. and kept it up on one list
mainly because it's infocentric.. and it makes the information easier to find.

To date.. we've never had a subscriber complain, or ask to have a post
removed.

I think it's kinda tough judging another listowner's actions without knowing
the facts.

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]