Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 15:44:57 +1100
This is interesting...........

I sent a reply to the LSTOWN-L list.  A few minutes later I got a response
from the list (as expected) telling me my message was successfully
distributed:

<begin snip>

Your  message dated  Mon,  23  Oct 2000  15:23:57  +1100  with subject  "Re:
attachments= keyword" has been successfully distributed to the LSTOWN-L list
(266 recipients).

<end snip>

Exactly ten minutes later I got a second message from the list telling me
exactly the same thing.  Not a problem, I thought, L-soft's LISTSERV is just
making sure I got it.  Then I noticed that the second message had a
different number of subscribers:

<begin snip>

Your  message dated  Mon,  23  Oct 2000  15:23:57  +1100  with subject  "Re:
attachments= keyword" has been successfully distributed to the LSTOWN-L list
(208 recipients).

<end snip>

I know that some people on this list and the LSTSRV-L list have alluded to
'ghost' lists when using both an email and web interface.  Could this be one
example?

Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Views expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the views,
opinions or position of my employer.