"Michael S. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 15:37:01 -0800
[Subject line changed to be more descriptive.]

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Scout wrote:
> to set those lists I'm a subscriber on.. to make it so most posts I get are
> text... and I don't have to deal with even downloading attachments.

The flip side is that if you allow a subscriber to change Attachments =
Yes to Attachments = No, then it must be possible for the subscriber to
set it back to Yes again.  On the face of it, that is reasonable.

However, if you are a list owner who does not like subscribers to post
attachments, than allowing an individual subscriber to set Attachments =
Yes will defeat the list owner's preference.

It is like allowing a subscriber (perhaps a misbehaving one) to change
NOPOST to POST.