Russell Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 29 May 1994 00:26:00 EDT
Note: responses to multiple messages appear below:

   Date: Fri, 27 May 1994 08:46:19 -0400
   From: Paul di Virgilio COMPUMED <[log in to unmask]>

      I concur with Eric. As I was reading your description, I thought
      that except for the instruction and case study opportunities I do
      the same thing for a government and university environment. Why
      would they pay you?

For control over their mailing list subscription.  Perhaps you LSTOWN
people are spoiled, but try getting on a busy Internet mailing list
that's controlled by a person who's just gone off for vacation.  Or a
funky listserver that you can't figure out how to operate.

And, for the right to complain.  NO ONE has that right over you
(except perhaps for local users who help pay your salary).

      If I discovered that you were gating my list to difficult
      participants, I would delete you.

With no notification?  Certainly that's your right (see previous
paragraph), but if my users wanted to be on a mailing list and you
were uncooperative, I'd start my own parallel list.  That would be
unattractive, but who am I to tell my customers what they can and
cannot talk about?