Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 May 2001 22:18:30 -0400
On 2 May 01, Ben Parker wrote:

> The message (below) is not found in the editable templates because it is
> hardcoded and cannot be changed.

This keeps cropping up ... I have to say, from a design perspective I
don't understand the value -- especially when dealing with translation
issues -- of making some of the messages changeable and others not.
Obviously there is some low-level stuff of the nature of "oops, the
configuration file is trashed and I'm giving up" that has to be hard-
coded.  But why give list owners or site managers only partial control of
the messages sent to subscribers?

-----
Tom Rawson           [log in to unmask]