Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 10:22:34 -0500
At 09:14 PM 1/16/97 -0800, Eric Paul-Hus wrote:

>I knoe that LISTSERV does not encapsulate, but I wondered if mail agents
>along the way could do that ... I know think it's unlikely but it would
>probably just be "visually annoying" for non-MIME mailer recipients.

They'd better not, since this is not allowed!

One thing I've noticed, and may be what you're seeing:  there seem to be
an increasing number of user mailers out there which MIME-encode even
a simple text message when there is no need to do so.  (This may due
to users who don't know how to adjust settings, at least in some
cases.)  Annoying, yes, if for no other reason than the extra disk
storage wasted.

Cheers,
Stan