Mon, 22 Aug 1994 09:21:50 -0500
> I need to delete the following username from my mailing list:
> However, when I send a mail message to listserv, it comes back with the error:
>
> > delete  fibrom-l [log in to unmask]
>
> Invalid option - "[log in to unmask]". The valid options are GLobal, LOCal
> and TEST (minimum abbreviations shown in upper case).

I haven't had this problem yet, but it came up last week on this list.
As I recall, the suggestion was to try something like
delete fibrom-l Marea_RANKIN*@HPDESK.UTC.EDU

You might want to do a query on that first just to be sure it
will effect only the desired userid.

The creative, but judicious, use of wildcards can get you past lots
of seeming roadblocks.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner