James Chamier <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 21:35:00 -0000
Duane wrote:

>Microsoft Mail v4.7. I'm getting more of them, too.

Microsoft Outlook Express in fact, version 4.71.1712.1 which I am using to
compose this message. Microsoft Mail is a completely different product,
currently at version 3.5, it doesn't work with SMTP and POP servers, replaced by
Microsoft Exchange Server.

When I press reply, Outlook Express generates a "header" type field like:

NOTE: it doesn't put the angle brackets ">" in. I have added these manually to
ensure the LISTSERV lets me post this.

My users have been told just to delete this section, and it's solved the
problem.

hope that helps,

regards,
James