"Humphrey,Mindy" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:33:45 -0400
thank you Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Shannon [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 7:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re:

> Can this be done especially the part of transferring the
> subscriber and they would get a message
> Can the archiving be transferred?

Sure can...but start telling your subscribers *now* so they get used to the
idea of the list changing names, email address, etc.  Subscribers tend to
get a bit unhappy when you make major changes without telling them first.

Simply create your new list with appropriate NOTEBOOK settings, etc.  Edit
the Welcome message template to have all the information you want.  When the
time comes to start the new list do a bulk ADD job with the subscribers from
the old list.  They'll automatically be sent the new Welcome message.

To preserve the archives of the old list all you have to do is set the
subscription keyword to CLOSED and all subscriber options to NOPOST.  Keep
the archives where they are and subscribers should be able to access them
through both email and web (if enabled).  If members of the new list need to
access the old archives you'll have to ADD them to the old list as well
(don't forget to set them to NOPOST).  This is assuming, of course, that
your licencing will allow it.  If you're squeezed for points you should be
able to migrate your archives to the new list but I've never done that so
can't advise you.  (Good time to try, I guess! :)

--
Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.