DeVerl Stokes <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 15:18:42 -0700
Hi,

At 04:33 PM 3/22/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello, everybody:
>
>Sometimes I see, in Eudora light e-mail, a single or double ^ (circumflex
>accent) in front of the addressee.  Example:
>    ^ |userid           |time  date| # [K]|Subject line
>I find no reference in the manual.
>Can anybody give an explanation of these two symbols, please?

If these symbols show up under the "P" column (priority) the following
are their descriptions:

double circumflex           highest priority
single circumflex           high priority
(blank)                     normal priority
inverted single ^           low priority
inverted double ^           lowest priority

>Secondly, I do not find the double ^ in the ASCII Character chart.  How can
>one reproduce it?

They're not ASCII, they're graphics.

>Thank you.
>
>Francis
>List owner, FrStudy-L (Franciscan Study List)

 DeVerl Stokes                           Voice: (208) 396-7994
 Hewlett-Packard Company                 FAX  : (208) 396-5161
 11311 Chinden Blvd. MS 227
 Boise, ID 83714                          [log in to unmask]