Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:06:48 -0300
I've just come back from a few days away and am resetting the
lists I subscribe to to MAIL.  Theoretically the easy way to do
this is simply reply to the confirming messages from the
LISTSERVs at the various addresses, converting the SET LISTNAME
NOMAIL back to SET LISTNAME MAIL, deleting the body of the
message, and hitting "send."  But in about a quarter of the
cases, the confirming mail has come with a corrupted "From:"
line, of the form

From: "L-Soft list server at [server address]
(1.8d)"@stthomasu.ca

And, of course, the local "reply" function then generates a
corrupt address and I have to go back and manually enter the
correct one.

I don't understand this inconsistency.  I have no idea where the
stthomasu.ca is coming from, either, since my address has been
changed to stu.ca.

I wonder if there's a way the lists can be configured to avoid
this? Clearly they're functioning differently from the norm.
Obviously it's no big deal, but it's annoying, and may be so for
other people besides me.

-- Russ

St. Thomas University
http://www.StThomasU.ca/~hunt/