Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:09:36 -0600
Ray Champagne wrote:
> Heh - I have contacted Support directly on this issue, and their response
> was basically that you are correct, the banners HAVE to be at the bottom of
> every message due to changes in coding some module or whatever.
> I agree that it stinks, and my users remind me of it EVERY day.  It's a real
> drag.
> If enough of us complain, is there a way that this "feature" can be
> reinstated so that the bottom banners only appear once?  ...

I *think* I have complained about it before.  I totally stopped using
the BOTTOM_BANNER because of what it does to list DIGESTs (I *never* used
TOP_BANNER, because it has *always* done the samething).

I would like to see a return to the more civilized procedure, where the
BB is printed once at the start of the DIGEST "index", but *not* repeated
in each item (uless some fool on MAIL quotes everything, including the BB).

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]