"Owen, Lic. Patricia" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:06:35 -0400
I am a new list owner and have several questions which I am sure, after
glancing through the monthly archives, are pretty basic and have been
answered before..though I couldn't find the answers.  At any rate, please
pardon the redundancy and I look forward to any helpful responses.

1.  Although I am the owner and editor of the listserv, do all postings
(once edited) have to come with my e-mail address as the originator? I do
not want to hide my role in the process (I am named as the owner in the
welcoming message) but rather would like to have the postings come from the
Listserv address rather than always from just one person (me)..plus, having
the Listserv address (name) in plain view quickly identifies the message as
from the Listserve (rather than from some person they have forgotten is
owner of a particular Listserv).

2. Many of the postings to my Listserv are done in Spanish and I notice that
accents are not shown in many of the messages but in their place are the
function keystrokes (i.e., Acci=F3n instead of acción). How can I 'restore'
the accents to the messages before I send them on?

3. I posted an edited message from one of the subscribers and now many of
the messages are coming to my listserve address but have his name in the TO
field.  I can't remember if I ended up using the WWW interface Compose a New
Message to send this message (I had experimented with this a little bit) but
now when I go to this Compose a New Message page (by clicking on Post to the
List at the WWW Listserv Archives page) the name of the subscriber is
present as the default--and I haven't figured out how to change this!  I
don't know if this means that every message that goes out from me now (when
I am not posting on through the WWW interface) has this person's name
attached??

4. Finally, how can I place/post documents in the latest archive folder on
the WWW site without sending them out to all subscribers (for instance, if
they are large or many)?

I eagerly await assistance.

Patricia Owen