Dave Paper <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:51:01 -0400
A request has come down the pipe to rename a list.  I'm just starting out
as a listserv admin, so I'm a little wet behind the ears.

I have, so far, only figured out 1 way to rename a list without losing all
the subscribers (thousands, in this case), and that is to basically copy
listname.list to the newname.list, and add the entries into /etc/aliases
manually.

I heard that there is some type of mass-add for users, but I haven't
managed to find it yet in the webified manuals.

Any pointers or suggestions would be welcome, I'm sure this must come up
occasionally.

Oh, if there is a FAQ for this list, please point me to it.

-dave