Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 22:11:30 -0400
At 08:34 PM 8/21/97 -0400, F. Leon Wilson wrote:
>List Masters:
>

>I wanted to move the time that my digest is distributed to 8:00 PM EST.
>
>Header configured as below (no spaces between lines).  For the past two
>days (since the change) the digest has came out at 4:00 PM EST.
>
>What did I do wrong?

I'd guess the system your list runs on is using GMT, and that your list
is going out at 4:00 PM *EDT* and that you made a typo there.  But I
could be wrong; there are a few small parts of the US with summer EST.
Your mail is stamped -0400, which is EDT, not EST, however.

You should be able to tell from the mail headers on any message from the
site what time zone it's using.  (GMT is 4 hours ahead of EDT, 5 hours
ahead of EST.)

If that's the case, set it to 0:00.  AFAIK, if you want it at always
8PM ET, you'd need to set it to 1:00 in October and back in April.

Cheers,
Stan