Fin Keleher <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Mar 1994 17:16:01 GMT
On Tue, 8 Mar 1994 10:04:36 EST Nathan Brindle said:
>Sounds to me like:
>
>a:  someone has gated the LISTSERV disk to a gopher server (unlikely)
>
>b:  someone has been posting the message logs in an area accessible by
>    a gopher server for that specific purpose (much more likely)
>
>I suppose it would be possible to put a LISTSERV archive disk on a
>gopher, but what a pain that would be for the LISTSERV maintainer...and
>as I think about it, I'm not even sure it would work, because gopher
>maintains R/O links to the disk.  For instance, I can't link in R/W
>mode to the disk where my gopher files are stored, but I <can> link
>in R/O mode.  (And yet I can log on to the account and have R/W access.
>I don't claim to understand this...:)

I don't claim to understand anything either.  However, the listserv
archives of public lists hosted by University College Dublin can be
browsed by pointing your Gopher client at irlearn.ucd.ie

Fin

Fin Keleher                   Phone:    +353-1-706-2360
UCD Computing Services        Fax:      +353-1-283-7077
Belfield                      Email:     [log in to unmask]
Dublin 4
Ireland