David Arthur <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 00:34:36 -0500
While our list is primarily for entertainment, we do have some information
that passes on it that could be somewhat sensitive.  And I, myself, have
even had some of my words floating off of Poodle-L and onto lists to which I
neither subscribe, nor intend to address their audiences.  So, it is a
problem.

We look at things this way.  It's on the honor system that people keep from
cross-posting such material.  But there is no "legal" way to stop someone
from doing this.  I think you'll find most of us have an international
subscribership, so it's anybody's good luck to try and take action.  For
that reason, we warn those who post, be careful what you say on the list.
It could come back in another format than what you intend.  Now, we do state
that posting to the list gives approval for the listserv to distribute the
work, but that the original post belongs to the author, and anyone else
wishing to use it, except in discussion with the rest of the list through
the open forum, must seek the author's approval.  I'm often addressing where
someone has sent a PM, and it has been brought to the open list.  That's a
whole different story, and one we don't even try to administrate.

As for what you're talking about Jane, personally, that seems more than just
"questionable".  It's dishonest, though, again, you would likely have
trouble finding an attorney to take such a case.

David
Aircastle Standard Poodles
Also, not an attorney