Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:21:04 EST
On Tue, 2 Feb 1999 20:58:09 +0100 Kinshuk said:
>1. I have put the list at 'editor,hold' moderation. Listserv
>sent me an OK confirmation message, which, due to my system
>crash, I lost. Is there any way I could ask the listserv to
>send that OK confirmation again?

No, but your LISTSERV maintainer could probably find the confirmation
code for you in the logs.  There would be files called listname.okxxxxxx
(eg, MYLIST-L.OK23A45B) in the LISTSERV home or main directory that
contain the messages that are awaiting approval--he can simply grep the
LISTSERV console log for the "xxxxxx" part (which is a six-digit
hexidecimal number) and that should produce the confirmation code related
to that particular message.  This assumes of course that the log containing
that code hasn't been deleted already.

>2. Is there any way I could force the digest to be sent out
>manually?

To everyone?  Hmm.  You could set a Size() parameter on the Digest=
keyword that is smaller than the current size of the digest, then
post to the list (just setting the Size() parameter doesn't trigger
the digest) or wait for the next posting to the list.  The problem
is that you have to know how many lines exist in the current digest,
so this probably isn't workable unless you are the LISTSERV maintainer
and have access to the disk files.

If you just want to cut the current digest for yourself, the way to
do that is to set yourself to DIGEST, then back to MAIL.  The digest
up to that point will be sent to you.  This works for any subscriber.

Nathan