"Holloway, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:09:19 -0500
>Bzzzt! Wrong! <g>  Pegasus Mail for Windows has always had
>that ability.
>If you Forward a message and leave the "Edit this message before
>Forwarding" option unchecked (we call this "Forwarding without
>editing")
>then Resent-* headers are added to the message and the
>original From: line
>is left untouched, just like Pine's Bounce command.

Bzzzt! Wrong!  Pegasus has never done it.  Many have tried.  The problem, as
I recall (may be wrong), is that LISTSERV doesn't use the From line.  The
message will appear on the list with a From line for the listowner's address
rather than the author's.  Ditto for Eudora and all the others with a resend
command.  Same thing.  Historically, at least, it doesn't work.

And now I've spent the time downloading the new version of Pegasus and
trying again.  No change.  I think I've failed to put my question correctly.
I need help from those who have this working.  The problem with forwarding
and LISTSERV has always been that the typical forwarding commands do not
work when you do not want the From line to be altered.  Don't much care for
Pegasus anyway.  Now I get to kill it again.

>If "Resent-From: ..." will work for you, Eudora will do the job. I
>posted the details about a year ago in response to a "it can't be
>done with Eudora" post.

And it still can't be done, unless there is a new version of Eudora that has
fixed something, and I'm not checking this time.

This is one of those things that is a moderately FAQ, and we go through this
every time.  I had thought that I wouldn't have to visit this question
again, but a bad ISP has just decided otherwise for me. If you have a Usenet
gateway setup, and are using some POP mail program to resend the Usenet
posts, or have heard of someone successfully doing this without an IMAP
server at their disposal, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike Holloway