Keith Marrocco <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Oct 1993 11:17:49 -0500
>From: Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
> Columns 93-94 are used to record which "topics" each subscriber has
> requested.  The specific value 'AA' means "no topics" by the way.
> If your list doesn't make use of topics for partitioning the traffic,
> then the contents of that field shouldn't matter at all.  And since
> there is no "Topics=" keyword in the header you posted, that appears
> to be the case here.  Try sending the command,
>
> query list-name for user@node
>
> from the list owner userid and see what options LISTSERV says are
> in effect for a memebr that doesn't receive mail.
>
> -jj
>
> PS - I believe the bug only applies to lists that are using topic
> support.  I have lots of people on several lists with 'AA' in the
> topics field that receive mail just fine.  I was under the impression
> that the bug was that when topics were added to an existing list,
> that the old subscribers (who have '  ', two blanks) in the topic
> field didn't receive any mail.

I tried it for two users:

> query imsprg-l for x031db@tamvm1
Distribution options for Ims Dba <X031DB@TAMVM1>,
 list IMSPRG-L: Ack= No, Mail= Yes, Files= Yes,
 Repro= No, Header= Short, Conceal= No

> query imsprg-l for [log in to unmask]
Distribution options for Keith A. Marrocco <[log in to unmask]>,
 list IMSPRG-L: Ack= No, Mail= Yes, Files= Yes,
 Repro= No, Header= Short(BSMTP), Conceal= No

I'll try taking the topics out of the lists I have set up for them.

                      Keith A. Marrocco
                      Owner, MAES-L, MAESTX-L, IMSPRG-L, IMSREQST
                      Texas A&M University
                      (409) 845-1037

Disclaimer:  The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of
Texas A&M University.