Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:17:47 -0400
At 11:06 8/2/2005 Tuesday, Elizabeth wrote:
>Thank you!  I contacted Mike at the computer help desk at UK and he said
>there's been complaints since July that certain Earthlink addresses are
>being blocked.  He's going to put in a request that the ones I reported be
>unblocked, but he can't guarantee how long that will last.
>
>It seems like I'm always hearing about "blocked" addresses or ISPs.  Is
>there any such thing as adding addresses to an "approved" list instead of a
>"blocked" one at the list administrator's level?

If you can use the WEB and possibly use an RSS reader (workstation or host based), you can make the problem moot.

Up to date versions of LISTSERV support distribution of RSS/XML.  This can be a "channel" for such aggegators as bloglines (host based) or say NewzCrawler (workstation).

Peter M. Weiss Consulting
LISTSERV list design and management for over a decade