Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 19:55:34 PST
On Dec 8,  2:39pm, "Holloway, Mike" wrote:

} I've just discovered that if a post is coming from the Usenet gateway server
} at Newsguy the SET REVIEW is apparently ignored, and the post goes right
} through to distribution by LISTSERV.  Posting to the e-mail is by subscriber
} only.  The newsgroup is unmoderated.    Posts to the newsgroup from
} nonsubscribers have my e-mail address in the approved header.  The posts
} that escape review have the approved header
} Approved-By:  [log in to unmask]
} and come from users who are subscribed to the LISTSERV list, but are posting
} through the newsgroup.  [log in to unmask] is not subscribed.  The newsguy
} address in my subscription list is
}
} Can anyone explain how these posts are getting through, and what I can do to
} correct it? I've set the newsguy address to review, but this hasn't changed
} anything.  Subscriber posts still go through regardless of review setting,
} and nonsubscriber posts are sent to me for bouncing, which they do without
} any further approval.

How does newsguy set up the headers of the mail to the list?  If it
keeps the "From:" line to be the original poster, then I would expect
much the same as what you are seeing, except for the "Approved-by:".

Perhaps you should talk to the newsguy admins, perhaps they can suppress
the "Approved-by:" line,  but the from being the original poster would
seem to me to be what you want.  That way, the subscribers
REVIEW/NOREVIEW status would control the post.

--
Rich Greenberg    Work:  PM0RMG atsign WSPVM1.worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign netcom.com    +1 770-321-6507