Vince Sabio <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 21:11:16 -0500
** Sometime around 10:01 -0500 11/21/97, Pete Weiss said:

>I've received a number of bounces on a number of lists from the AOL.COM
>mailer indicating that mailboxes were full for certain subscribers.  Since
>this was disproportionate to normal bounces, I wonder if there is some
>other problem?

Could be, Pete. In a recent correspondence with David O'Donnell on a
related issue (a different AOL bounce message that David has already
admitted is in error, and stated that he'd look into what happened),
I received this reply to my inquiry as to the status of things:

>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 15:33:23 -0500 (EST)
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: AOL bounce messages
>
>In a message dated 11/21/97 14:59:14 Eastern Standard Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
>> Any resolution on the bounce problem?
>
>Not yet -- the mail gateway people are busy killing themselves trying to keep
>the mail system alive :-| It's not forgotten, though. As soon as they have a
>spare nanosecond I'll let you know.
>
>--David

So, it sounds like there might be some [more] problems afoot at AOL --
though whether the implications of David's message have anything to do
with a disproportionate number of "Mailbox Full" messages I cannot guess.

FWIW, I've also been getting large numbers of Mbox Full errors ...

Vince Sabio                    SmartBounce: <http://www.smartbounce.com/>
[log in to unmask]            Stop Internet Spam! <http://www.cauce.org/>

Behind every successful man               Behind every successful man is a
is a surprised woman                            woman with expensive taste
-- Maryon Pearson                                           -- Vince Sabio