Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 10:45:47 -0600
On Fri, 10 Apr 1998 09:01:29 +0000, Angus <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>One more question on putting language= NOHTML in the header..
>
>if that is done, and supported by server.. can individual
>subscriptions then be personalized so that some who want it can get
>htmled posts via the list, and those who don't won't?
>
>Is there a "set" command or something subscribers or listowners can
>make to turn htmling on for so;me individuals?

No.  It affects all messages but only for that list.  Many 'HTML' messages
are actually sent as multipart/alternative with a plain-text part and the
same message in HTML part.  What NOHTML does is tell LISTSERV to discard the
HTML part and keep the plain-text part.  If the message is actually HTML-
only (Eudora Pro and NS can be configured to do this) and not 2 parts, then
LISTSERV will pass it through, as HTML, so the message is not completely
blocked.