Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 15:58:25 -0500
On Fri, 4 Dec 1998 11:40:54 -0500, "Erich L. Markert" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Checked the manuals on this...  I had a list set to Auto-delete with Full-Auto and had a
>lot of people get dropped for various reasons.  I've set it to manual, but am curious what
>does semi-auto do?  The manual didn't explain this very well (unless of course I'm blind -
>wouldn't be the first time).

As explained in Appendix B of Owners Manual/Site Mgrs Manual  (same Appx B) the difference
between is that with Full-Auto the Errors-To address/Owner sees almost no error msgs.
LISTSERV discards all msgs after processing Auto-dels.  With Semi-Auto, LISTSERV will forward
to the Owner, only the messages it does not understand and cannot process automatically.  All
msgs it can understand it will process.  With autodel off or manual, then LISTSERV does no
processing at all and forwards all msgs to the owner.