Wed, 22 Feb 1995 17:55:50 -0600
> My only problem has been with the file description of the HERITAGE
> TIMES file.  XEDIT prevents me from changing the description to
> update the volume/number information.  Is this a quirk of XEDIT
> that I can circumvent with another editor, or can the description of
> a previously defined file not be changed?

Interesting.  You might try a different editor.  I've never had any problem
such as you describe.

I tend to overkill, just to be sure, so I'ld probably get the filelist,
add a new line for old file, reflecting the change, and a line for the new
file, and delete the old line for the old file, then put it.  Then put the
old file, with no body, thereby deleting it, put the old file with the new
name, and put the new file.  There may be a more elegant way to do it,
but that should work.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L