Paul Karagianis <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 11:33:36 -0400
Understood, but prior to ingnoring it, Listserv validates it and will
bounce a subscription with an RFC822 non-compliant field to the
Listmaster.  The vast majority of MS mail products default to some
initial state that lets large numbers of users send out subscriptions
with the cursed "Reply-to: <@site.com>" error and the site jocks have
to deal with them and the zillion other problems like the Eudora
duplicate message-id bug.  Our site has a lot of support groups and I
used to just delete this stuff (out of ignorance) until I got one from
some guy who wanted to know what to say to his Dad who "would be dead
soon, probably on Monday" and realized that letting this stuff just
vanish wasn't very nice.
                                               -Kary