Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 21:25:54 GMT
On Fri, 15 Aug 1997 08:46:56 -0500, Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>On 14 Aug 97 14:28:44 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>

>>And you hope this sum of the 2 numbers will add up to what ACK shows.  It
>>won't.
>
>Ben, I do not mean to question or argue with you but on our list,
>these two figures added together do show the same number as an ack.

Sorry, I stand corrected.  From Version 1.8c the number in the ACK msg is
the sum of MAIL+DIGEST+INDEX so it represents real count of people sent to.
(It ignores the distribute algorithm of actual msgs sent.)  If you have a
large NOMAIL population, they are not included, as you would expect.  If
you have active subscription changes along with an active list, this number
can fluctuate by the minute!  Concealed subscribers are included in the
count or not depending on the status of their sub (MAIL/NOMAIL/DEGEST/etc).

Your testing results were very instructive.  Someday the number you seek
may be quickly available.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) ......... [log in to unmask]