Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 02:07:45 EDT
> >We just went to 2 moderators and want BOTH moderators to get ALL the
> >messages to OK, instead of the load being split between the two.
>
> >  moderator= all, mod1, mod2
>
> This is not valid.  The only easy method I know for distributing the
> approval request to more than one person is to have a second LISTSERV list
> (to which the moderators are subscribed, and which is also set up as an
> Editor in the primary list) as the target rather than individual addresses.
> Thus, there is no way to turn off the 'load balancing' feature.

Moderator=All was added in 1.8c.  It sends every message to all
moderators.  The only problem with it is that Moderator doesn't accept
(listname) notation as Editor does.  It would be handy in certain cases
to have a list for the moderators so they can talk among themselves
easily (when there are several).