Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 20:38:07 -0800
On 20 Jan 97, Sally Drake wrote:

> Can someone tell me if Winmail.dat1 files are created by Windows 95 or what?
> I currently have a couple of users on a list that everytime they post it
> sends a Winmail.dat file as an attachment and everyone is getting rather
> indignant about it.

Go to this site and do a search for "winmail.dat" and it will give you some
starting points for eleminating the file attachment when responding to a list.

http://www.creativelement.com/win95ann

It is a very common problem and someitmes takes a little research to get it
fixed.  Anymore, I just tell my subscribers to download Microsoft's Email and
Newsreader programs (free) and use them -- they are a lot easier to use,
faster, and don't send those attachments.

Liz

          Liz & the Terv Herd
  Somewhere on the beautiful Oregon coast
              Spiritbrook