John B Harlan <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Jul 1992 06:30:12 -0500
| Date: 23 Jul 1992 05:50:09 -0500 (CDT)
| From: Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
|
| John's message reminded me again of something I've been wondering about.
| Many months ago I added a yearly renewal requirement to one of my lists.
| That struck me as a good way to get rid of some of the subscribers who
| set 'nomail' ages ago and then forgot they were on the list.  So far,
| however, nobody has been asked to renew.  Does the renewal request not
| start working until a year after I've added the requirement?  That struck
| me as the most logical answer to the question of why nothing has happened
| yet.
|    --Natalie ([log in to unmask])

     I added renewal keywords to my lists, too, when Lisa Covi's excellent
ListServ Tips file was first circulated, and now every Monday morning I
get an automatic List Renewal Monitoring report from ListServ on whatever
subscriptions have hit the six-month mark during the previous week.  The
report tells me who has been asked to confirm their subscription, and two
weeks later, who's been removed.  If I remember, I'll forward a copy of
next Monday's report to LstOwn-L fyi.

                                                             John