Mark Hunnibell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 00:23:33 -0500
On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 20:19:34 -0400 Bret Diamond said:
> Well if this isn't ironic!!!  when I post a message to the lstown
> list, i get TWO notification messages, each one listing a different
> number of recipeints (see below)

Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>  replied:

> Right - LSTOWN-L is a "peered" list.  Your message gets sent to
> PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM in the States and to VM.SE.LSOFT.COM in Europe.
> They each deliver to a portion of the list and they each send you an
> acknowledgement.  Add up the numbers and you get the total distribution.

That's fine. But I have my subscription to [log in to unmask]
set to NOACK, yet whenever I make a post, I get an ACK from the
[log in to unmask]  So I wrote to 'LISTSERV@SUNET' and said "SET LSTOWN-L
NOACK" and the reply was that I was not subscribed to the list.

It seems to me that if PEACH can tell SUNET that I am subscribed to the
LSTOWN-L list, it should also be able to tell it what my preferences for
acknowledgement are. As it is, it seems totally impossible to stop from
getting an ACK message from SUNET.

Mark Hunnibell