Mon, 10 Apr 1995 00:25:38 -0500
On Sun, 9 Apr 1995, TRUTH - Geoffrey Peters wrote:
   in part:

> 1) Is there a FAQ of some sort on what steps to take if a user is getting
>    mail from your list but there is no sign of the person in the REVIEW?

Have you checked the "conceal" subs (review doesn't show those)?
To see the concealed subs get your entire list (use nolock so you won't
have to unlock it) or do  QUERY listname FOR *@* and look through the
option settings (check at the end of your REVIEW first so you have an
idea of how many subs you're looking for).  With either technique, you
can probably use your email editor to look for the concealed subs, in the
first you're looking for the list flags, in the second Conceal= Yes .

> 2) Is there a way to force a digest to occur? I have to post a lengthy
>    FAQ. I have found that no one will read messages posted after the
>    FAQ because they have to file through pages to find it. If there
>    is a way to post a message that would not be included in a digest
>    mode, I would *LOVE* to know. That would make me even happier!

You might be able to finess your list digests and mail distribution
into doing this, with a lot of work (far as I know), but an easier way
would be to put the FAQ in your filelist, if you have one.  If you don't
have one (you can have archives without having a filelist) get your
LISTSERV maintainer/postmaster to set it up for you.  You can then simply
tell your subscribers when it is available and they can GET it as they
please.  Or, if you've a filelist, you could make it an AFD file so those
with AFD subs would get it automagically and the others could get it at
their leisure and desire.

> 3) One or two users on my list have accounts on machines that are
>    occasionally turned off at the end of the day, forcing bounces

I think that falls in the "grin and bear it" category at present.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L