Mon, 4 Dec 2000 14:32:53 -0600
> I know that most of the time subscribers should have the freedom to
> leave a list.  But I have a question about this.

as far as I know.. no way of being notified of any subscriber's SET
commands .. only of subscribe, unsub.  About the best you could do, I
think, is query the list weekly or so for NOMAIL.

Have to make a comment on this ...  from the start that I've never been in
the position of having to maintain a list where people HAD to be
subscribed.. or even being a subscriber on one.  Nor would I want to be ;-)

Seems to me that, if you make employees, members or whatever
*responsible* for knowing what is in memos or posts to a list.. that should
be enough.  If they don't keep up with the responsibilities of their
employment, membership or whatever.. then baring unforseens.. they be
gone.

This kind of deal adds a Mommy spin that really rankles me.. on behalf of
the Mommy.. and the subscribers.

I don't envy you this job :(

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]