Andrew Bosch <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:16:35 -0600
The sample you sent is a base-64 encoded message. Listserv will just
pass this through as it would any other text. This is some of the text
(I removed a bunch for space) as decoded by the base-64 decoder page at
opinionatedgeek.com:

"I had a buddy in college who had written a paper in high school.
Its title was The Origin of Life.
He turned it in two or three times
Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile."

Some subscribers have mail readers that decode the text automatically,
while others do not.

andrew

No one has commented on this problem yet, but it's still plaguing us,
so
I'm hoping to get some advice this time around. We can't come up with
any
logical reason for why some posts look fine in the digests and others
are
garbled. Below are two posts from the same person sent the same way
but
displayed very differently within the same digest. If anyone can help,
we
would appreciate it; so far the list administrators here have not come
up
with anything.