Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 11:40:19 -0500
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]> said:

> I handle subscriptions similarly to Dan ... it's a great time saver to
> get a single "digest" of subs/unsubs each day.  The "ADD1" and
> "DELETE1" messages are a problem, however (I actually needed one
> address today ... hence this posting).

> It appears to me that there is no real consistancy in the definition or
> implementation of &WHOM.  It is often used where I would have expected
> &INVOKER.

Yes, it is a problem.  For the ADD1 message, I've solved it:

>>> ADD1 &LISTNAME: &WHOM added by &INVOKER

&WHOM is the address of the subscription being added and &INVOKER
is the person who did it.

I have not solve it for the deletion message.  The default is:

> .re owners
> &WEEKDAY, &DATE &TIME
>
> You have been removed from the &LISTNAME list (&TITLE) by &MBX(&WHOM).

Here &WHOM is the person who did it, not the subscription being
deleted.

What is the variable name I need here to get the address being
deleted?

Nathan: It would be really nice to have another appendix to the
_List Owner's Manual_ that gave a complete listing of all the
variables available for each template.

Incidently, I have been successful in creating a single MAILTPL
file that applies to all of our lists.  I called it KIDLANG
MAILTPL and then added Language= KIDLANG to the header of all the
lists that I wanted to use these templates.

                          Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler          Internet:  [log in to unmask]  >>
<<  University of Cincinnati     Bitnet:  wheeler@ucbeh       >>