Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 14:37:14 -0600
>I guess what we're all saying is that the error messages are one of the largest
>headaches with running a list. There are just too many! They take over our
>Inboxes and cause us to miss work relate email.

I haven't been following much of this discussion and apologize if my
response is therefore a non sequitur of some kind, but I don't really
understand what the big deal is about error messages.  Can't you have
your mail program filter them to a separate file?  I don't have error
messages or list mail of any kind cluttering up my personal mail.  They're
all in separate files.  If I'm busy, I can delete the whole file of error
messages without paying much attention to it.  As you say, running lists
is not something we do as part of our jobs, or at least that's the case for
many of us.  It's a leisure activity.

Another thing that makes me wonder why everybody seems so upset about
error messages here on lstown-l is that I don't get all that many error
messages from the two listserv lists I run.  I used to, but with each
new version of listserv there seem to be fewer error messages.  I have
all error messages from the three lists I run (two listserv lists, one
listproc list) filtered into the same file.  When I look at that file,
I find that 99-100% of the error messages are from listproc.  (Have I
mentioned lately how much I hate listproc?)
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])