Sat, 16 Nov 1996 03:53:32 -0600
Those who have been runnning lists for a few years probably still have
a few holdovers with the old BITNET addresses which are still valid.
And then there are the clever folk who route their subs through various
nodes (CUNY has been a great favorite with our subscribers).

BITNET seems to be dying and we would like to get those who still have the
BITNET subs changed to Internet subs (I don't imagine the translation
tables will be maintained forever).  Is there a good silver bullet for
this? Or should we just go along and let attrition take its course as the
nodes go belly up? (that's what we've been doing past couple of years)

We could send a general note to the lists saying those with BITNET addresses
should resubscribe, but I shudder at that, envisioning the flood of
"What's a BITNET address? Do I have one? How do I change it?" type items.
We could try to put in enough info that no questions would be needed,
but "who reads that stuff?, it's boring."

Any sage advice welcome.

Douglas