Sat, 11 Sep 2004 03:16:14 -0500
> Are you accessing the template through email or the web access?

As I said, *I* do everything by email, and do *not* mess with the WWW
templates. I have looked at the web page for the listowner, but my
"browser" is "primitive" by most folk's standards, lynx for unix (I
don't even have a mouse), and my keyboard keystrokes sometimes produce
surprising, and undesired, results, and I would have no idea what those
with more "sophisticated" browsers would see as a result of what I did, so
*I* stick to email, and do not mess with the WWW .mailtpl templates nor
the listowners webpage.

However, the proposed new listowner might do it via the web, and probably
will, if she can. She has worked as a professional webpage designer.  She
doesn't know LISTSERV nor .mailtpl templates.  Can she do everything,
acheiving the results I mentioned (copied below), via the existing, host
site defaults, listowners web page to modify list's web presence for the
results I want?  Or will she have to mess with the WWW .mailtpl directly,
by email?

Can all of what I want even be done?

*I* am not going to be doing any of it, by email or list archive web page,
so how *I* might do it is immaterial.  What I want to know is, first, can
what I want be done?  Second, can it be done via the existing listowners
webpage, or must it, or some of it, be done via emil changes to the
.mailtpl?

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]