Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 11:16:06 PST
On Apr 1, 11:49pm, Lesley1 wrote:

} I just became a fellow listowner of a list on lsoft.com.
}
} The original owner has changed her email address...and doesn't
} know how to update it.  So, she has Both, still.  Ug.

I am guessing that the list header has her old address and neither her
new address or your address.  She needs to (from the old address) GET
the header:

     // job  pw=her_password
     Get Listname-L (HEADER NOLOCK
     // eoj

Then update the owners to add her new address and your address.  Then
put it back.  (This needs a text editor of some sort.  DON'T use a word
processor unless you know exactly how to get it to load and save ASCII
text.  Notepad/wordpad can be used but isn't the best thing.  I
like KEDIT for things like this.  Then add a line at the top like this:

     Put Listname-L.list  pw=her_password

followed by the data and mail it back to listserv WITH NO SIGNATURE OR
BLANK LINES FOLLOWING IT.

Then she can send a change command to listserv (assuming her list is on
1.8d):

    Change listname-L newaddress

This is sent from the OLD address and must be confirmed from BOTH
addresses.  Once Listserv accepts the change,  she can do everything
from the new address,  and do another header update to remove her old
address from the header.  No need for another GET, just edit the file
again and PUT it again.

} Ive looked in all the manuals...and dont see it.

Its in section 2.8 of the listowners manual available in several formats
on the Lsoft web site.

} Also...what do I have to do to have ME also be included on such
} information?  She will go on vacation soon....and I have to be
} able to function on my own.  The whole point of me helping her.

See above.

} Can I use HER password to make needed changes?  Or do I have
} to be officially added, and post from MY main acct?  to make changes...?

Her password will only work from her old address. (until changed as
described above).  You need to establish your own password.  If you
don't have one yet,  send to Listserv:

   PW ADD newpassword

} She is more than happy to set me to such specs, if she just knew
} what commands to execute.

See above.

} I run my own list with esosoft.....but its so much easier!  : )

But Listserv is so much more powerful.

--
Rich Greenberg    Work:  PM0RMG atsign WSPVM1.worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign netcom.com    +1 770-321-6507