"Bustamante, Susana" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 16:18:15 -0400
Randy,

The following is the response I obtained from Nathan Brindle (from LSoft
support) regarding the question that you have.  I hope it helps.

Susana R. Bustamante
University of Miami
Department of Information Technology
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (305)284-3915

>With the keyword REVIEW=Owners, the subscribers can send a "REVIEW
>listname" command and get ONLY the header file information.  Is there
>anyway to set up LISTSERV so that even subscribers can not see the
>header file information when they send the REVIEW command?

You can set something like

* Confidential= Service

in the list header, but note that this removes the list from the
CataList
(not necessarily a good thing for a public list).  Alternately you can
hide all but the title line of the header by using the new .HH ON and
.HH OFF formatting directives (requires 1.8d beta), so that it doesn't
really matter if they can review the header to start with.  With the
formatting options you'd do something like

* Title of my list
* .HH ON
* Owner= [log in to unmask]
* (more header lines you don't want people to see)
* .HH OFF
*
* My list is devoted to blah blah blah.

In this case only the title line and the descriptive comments are
visible
on a REVIEW or via CataList.  The REVIEWer would see something like
this:

* Title of my list
* {4 lines hidden}
*