Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 13:31:37 -0500
At 12:36 02/07/2002 Thursday, Ahern, Shannon wrote:

 >Here is my question:  if I have say, 6 moderators, and I have the config
 >set to moderators= all, name1, name2, name3, etc., if a moderator sets
 >himself to NOMAIL, will that prevent administrative posting-approval
 >email as well as listmail form being sent to them?

No: MAIL/NOMAIL only applies to subscribers *of* a list, not to any
"role" accounts defined within the headers.

I am unsure if a moderator can be a list e.g.,

MODERATORS-LIST

Owner= you

subscribers:
name1
name2
name3

Your "moderated list" definition

moderators= all,(MODERATORS-LIST)

Then the subscribers on the MODERATORS-LIST would be able to set
themselves to mail/nomail.

BUT WHY BOTHER?!

If these folks can't setup email to filter, using your original config,
set the time-of-day to a NTP source, and read the time-of-day, is there
really any hope that they can figure out how to set themselves to
MAIL/NOMAIL with all of the inherent time delays and network availability
issues?

BTW, another lame alternative is to have the MODERATORS-LIST with
subscribers in  the NOMAIL option, BUT do have a web accessible private
notebook archive where they could then check postings for cookies?

(If all of this sounds fishy, it's because I just had lunch at Long John
Silvers (aka fish n' chips)).

/Pete