Randy Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 10:13:42 -0700
We ran into that on our list.  Serving over 35 countries and 800 people, you
already know the diversity and problems encountered if some
fundamentalists/right wing start making your list a religous mission.

One of the members wisely recognized the problem early on and formed branch
Prayer list and members are encouraged to utilize that list for the purpose.

People that refuse to are warned that the list, which has a Mission/Policy
Statement that includes the wording:

~~
The purpose of the Our-Kids list is to share support and information
pertaining to Our Kids.  This list is not for the canvassing of any
particular religious or political ideals nor is it a forum to debate for
or against abortion/euthanasia.
~~

Add verbage like that to your Mission/Policy statement and then you have that
to fall back on when you get the occasional complainer that wants to make your
list their mission.

There are some prayer lists around, though I can forward you contact
information if you want to just utilize the list that branched from my list.

--
Randy, Our-Kids Administrator
(Daddy to Sean, 6yo CP spastic-quad [daddy manipulator extrordinaire!])