Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 05:22:40 GMT
On Fri, 11 Oct 1996 07:45:55 -0700, Barry Deutsch <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>have set my "Reply-To:" to "[log in to unmask],Respect"

Leave off the  'Respect' keyword.  The second parameter is optional, and
basically makes sense when used with the usual first parameter options of
'List' or 'Sender'.  Remember that the "netaddress" must be enclosed in
double quotes when you specify it directly like this.

>Also, are there any circumstances under which the subscriber will not
>automatically see the list address in their send field when replying to a
>list generated message?

Yes, if they are using a particularly bizarre mail pgm.  Most mailers use
the From:, some use Sender:, but nearly all will use Reply-To: as a first
choice if it is there.

Remember the responder can still change the To: address before mailing to
anything they want, you can only control the 'automatic fill-in the
blanks' operation that all mailers do when the <R>eply button is pressed.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]