"Michael J. Reed" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:51:18 -0500
I have alot people who work for state and local governments that post to my
list. I get alot of interesting email addresses. The one thing that I find
most interesting is that they do not always know their true email address.
They send out on one address and receive mail on another. My best advice
would be to check his address when he sends you an email. Even if he can
receive at another address, the address that he sends from is the one that
you will need. This is the most common problem that I see.

One other problem that I have seen (only once since I have started as admin)
is that they are not enabled to send to the list. It will not show up on the
web interface. Basically what happens is that their address gets blocked by
the system due to errors or problems with that address. To clear up this
problem, you have to send a command to the list via the Email prompt. You
will get an email that says that this person has been "Served Out" or
something very similar. Now, I hope this syntax is right, send an email
command to the list that says "Serve -email address here-" If that is not
exactly right.. it is really close. .... ok I just checked by sending INFO
REFCARD to my server... that is right.

Well I hope that helps. Have a good day.

Michael J. Reed
ListServ Administrator
Municipal Code Corporation
1700 Capitol Circle SW