Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:39:26 +0200
This problem turns out to be due to one-space lines where there should have
been empty lines. Unfortunately, this is a restriction of the VM operating
system - you cannot create a zero-length record in a file. LISTSERV cannot
do anything about it. The solution in your case is to subscribe to a server
that does not use VM, or of course use another mail client or lobby for a
change in Pegasus. I must say that I am surprised - a MIME boundary must be
recognized even if it is not preceded by an empty line. A long time ago,
LISTSERV did not use to allow that (because MIME boundaries were originally
specified as an empty line followed by the boundary), but you wouldn't
believe the number of mail products that do not supply the empty line.

  Eric