Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 16:14:10 -0800
On 28 Nov 99, at 15:55, Rich Greenberg  wrote:

> Works for me.  I have:
>
> * Validate= Yes,Confirm
> * Send= Editor,hold
> * Editor= [log in to unmask],(Chinook-l)
> * Moderator= all,[log in to unmask]
> * Review= Owners
>
> and when somebody is on review (all new subscribers), they come to me
> for approval.

This approximated what setup I have.  Here is something that I gleened
from the manual: (my comments are prefaced with **)

Default-Options= REVIEW is overridden for addresses defined in Editor=
or Moderator=.

** This means that it will ignore the REVIEW command.

Default-Options= NOPOST in conjunction with Send= Editor causes
mail from non-subscribers to be forwarded to the appropriate Editor for
approval rather than simply rejecting it with a "you are not allowed to
post" message.

** This means that NOPOST will act like REVIEW, sheesh.  Why
doesn't it say this where the Editor= line is explained, instead of off in
the foot notes.

Sigh,

Liz Marr