Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Feb 1993 01:17:07 +0100
On Mon, 15 Feb 1993 17:39:37 CST Rich Winkel <MATHRICH@MIZZOU1> said:

>Is  this a  temporary glitch  or does  someone really  believe this  new
>naming system is worth keeping?

A more important issue is, why did I bother explaining it all just a week
or two  ago when  I knew  people weren't going  to read  the explanation,
because it was longer than a half screen and too technical, and that they
would  then happily  pass judgment  on  a crucial  change without  having
bothered to review the archives. Ok, let's try a nice 3-liner:

Answer:  the  change  was  made  for  important  reasons  which  are  too
complicated for you to understand. It is  here to stay - period. The name
change is due to XMAILER. So do like me: don't run XMAILER.

Do you like this better? I for one do, it sure saves me a lot of time!

  Eric